Welcome to the Poweshiek County Election Website.
The Auditor’s Office is responsible for every aspect of conducting an election from voter registration to the final count of the votes. This site is designed to be a resource for residents looking to learn how to vote, find their elected officials, learn about becoming a candidate, or find past or upcoming election information.
Countdown to General Election
|Register to Vote||Where Do I Vote?||Am I Registered To Vote?||How Do I Vote?||Election Results||Elected Officials|
Auditor Office Hours
Monday – Friday 8:00 AM – 4:00 PM
IMPORTANT DATES/INFO FOR CITY/SCHOOL ELECTION, NOVEMBER 2, 2021
- October 13, 2021 – First day to mail requested absentee ballots
- October 13, 2021 – First day to vote in person at County Auditor’s Office
- October 18, 2021 – Last day to receive requests to mail absentee ballots (by 5:00 p.m.)
- October 18, 2021 – Last day for County Auditor to mail requested absentee ballots
- October 18, 2021 – Last day to register to vote to have name on election register for Election Day (You can still register after this date but must show documents of proof of identity & residency)
- October 26, 2021 – Satellite absentee voting at Drake Library, Grinnell from 9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
- November 1, 2021 – Last day to vote in person absentee at County Auditor’s Office by 5:00 p.m.
- November 2, 2021 – Election Day – polls open 7:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m. (See Vote – Where Do I Vote to find polling location)
For sample ballots please select ELECTIONS – SAMPLE BALLOTS